Aoife at icanhascook gave me a few name's to check out and i'll be up around the food markets in dublin tomorrow, so will hopefully have more of a selection of things to eat and a few good resources to share with you after the weekend.
Even though I haven't had as much a range of food to eat over the past fortnight, I've probably been eating more. Both conciously, so as I get enough nutrition out of the food and also just because without the sugars (and my constant snacking on biscuits) to satisfy the appetite I find myself wanting much larger portions. (for those who don't know me, i'm a tiny person, so "much larger" isn't actually very large at all). I baked an apple crumble. Ate the whole thing in one sitting. Yum.
- breakfast Again, very plain porridge in milk
- lunch Home baked bread, toasted and poached egg, with nettle tea
- dinner Omellete with mushrooms, tomato, pepper basil and oregano, with three eggs and fresh coriander (i actually forgot i'd already eaten eggs)
- tea Apple crumble
Sugarless yet Tasty Apple Crumble
- Preheat oven to 180
- Peel large cooking apple and slice (place slices in water to keep from browning, or do this step just before putting them in the dish)
- Make crumble dough with butter and flour. I don't weigh thing generally, but it was roughly 85g of butter and about a cup and a half of flour. Mix/kneed them (i just use my hands) until it makes a kind of bread crumby type texture, may need to add more flour so there's no chunks of butter.
- Place apple slices in dish. I used one of these 9.5-in. oval dishes, so if you're using bigger, double up ingredients. I put in one layer, then a layer of oats, then a layer of apple, then the crumble mix and another sprinkling of oats. I also pushed a bay leaf down into the middle of it, which i removed when cooked.
- Bake for 30 - 45 minutes
Here's an interesting page on Harvesting Seasalt for anyone not so landlocked.
And here's a painting, just so you know i'm actually still doing something besides rambling about food. Emily's constructing wings while some eegit is off "fixing things".