Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Shop updates and Inspiration

I've a few new watercolours available in the shop, it'd be awful neat if you checked it out;




Kaiser caimo's work has long been of strong influence over my own painting. But its worth visiting her tumblr for the writing as much as the art, which is concise but always eloquent and interesting.




She's also been introducing me to Alan Lomax, who spent his career making field recordings of folk songs. If you're a fan of delta blues and have an hour of nothing to do, here's a video. I particularly like this clip.





I have the utmost respect for people who's work involves great time and patience and skill. As well as presenting such discipline, this is also just a beautifully shot video.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...